Eggless French toast
Recipe supplied by Pat the Baker.
Write a review
- Bread - 4 slices
- 64g plain flour
- 200g natural yogurt
- Half an onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons of coriander leaves chopped
- Turmeric powder - a generous pinch
- Butter to toast
- Salt - to taste
- Mix all the above ingredients except bread and make a semi thick batter. Take a spoon full of the batter and spread on each slice of bread to coat well.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of butter, place the breads carefully then coat the other side with batter. Once it gets cooked on one side, flip and toast the bread slices till its golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
- Calso says :"I came across this recipe a few years back and make it on a regular basis since. It is a great alternative for those with intolerance to eggs but also a new flavour for anyone to try."
National Bread Week Ireland http://www.nationalbreadweek.ie/