Write a review
- 225g/8oz Hearts Delight Wheatmeal
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 125g/4oz Margarine or Butter
- 125g/4oz Light Brown Sugar
- Few drops Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 450g/1lb Ripe Bananas (mashed)
- 100g packet Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Cream margarine, sugar and vanilla essence together. Add the egg, bananas and walnuts and mix well.
- Finally, stir in the flour and baking powder. Transfer to the prepared tin.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then turn onto wire tray to cool.
National Bread Week Ireland http://www.nationalbreadweek.ie/