Cajun Chicken Club
Recipe supplied by Johnston Mooney and O'Brien
Write a review
- 1 bacon rasher
- 3 tbsp salsa
- 40g Cajun torn chicken breast
- 3 slices Johnston, Mooney and O’Brien 100% Wholemeal
- 1 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- Cheddar, grated
- ½ a ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Tomato slices
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Place the rasher in a frying pan and heat over a medium-high heat until it is crispy and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the salsa and chicken until warmed through. Set aside.
- Toast the three slices of bread. Spread one of the slices with the mayonnaise and top with lettuce, the chicken and salsa mixture and some Cheddar.
- Arrange the avocado slices over a second slice of bread and top with the tomato slices, red onion and the cooked rasher. Add this slice of bread to the other to make two layers. Top with the third slice, cut into triangles and serve.
- Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 461kcals, 18.3g fat (3.4g saturated), 44g carbs, 8.5g sugars, 30.5g protein, 9.1g fibre, 0.85g sodium
National Bread Week Ireland http://www.nationalbreadweek.ie/