County Apricot Nut Loaf
Write a review
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising flour
- 175g/6oz Margarine (room temperature)
- 175g/6oz Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 75g/3oz Shamrock Dried Apricots (chopped)
- 100g Packet Shamrock Ground Almonds
- 100g Packet Shamrock chopped Mixed Nuts
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Apricot Jam heated with 1 Tablespoon of water, then sieved (Glaze)
- Assorted Whole Nuts: Brazils, Walnuts, almonds etc (optional to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas 2. Lightly grease and base line a 1Kg/2lb loaf tin.
- Place all the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Transfer to prepared tin and bake for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire tray to cool.
- When cold arrange nuts on top if used and brush with the heated glaze when cold
National Bread Week Ireland http://www.nationalbreadweek.ie/