Goat Cheese Salad
Recipe supplied by Johnston Mooney and O'Brien
Write a review
- 2 nectarines, cored and halved
- 70ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 45g butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 x slices of Johnston, Mooney and O’Brien Wholegrain Bread, cubed
- Salt and black pepper
- 200g rocket
- ¼ red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat a grillpan to a medium-high heat and brush the cut side of the nectarines
- with a little bit of the oil. Place cut-side down on the grill pan and cook for 2-3 minutes
- per side until charred and just tender. Slice into wedges.
- Melt the butter and honey in a large frying pan and add the bread cubes. Toss until
- they are all coated and season with salt
- and pepper.
- Cook for four minutes, without turning, until browned and crisp. Flip the croutons over and cook the other side for a few minutes until crispy (do this in two batches if the croutons don’t fit in one pan).
- Transfer to a bowl and add the rocket, red onion and nectarine slices. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the salad, tossing to combine. Serve with the goat cheese sprinkled over the top.
- Nutritional Analysis Per Serving 313kcals, 24.1g fat (9.6g saturated), 17.9g carbs, 9.2g sugars, 8.6g protein, 2.8g fibre, 0.19g sodium
National Bread Week Ireland http://www.nationalbreadweek.ie/