Halloween Tea Brack
Write a review
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 350g packet of Shamrock Fruit Mix
- 300ml/½ pint Cold Tea
- 125g/4oz Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Good pinch Mixed Spice
- Ring or other Charms
- Honey or Golden Syrup (for decoration)
- Place fruit and tea in bowl and leave to soak overnight.
- Add sugar, egg, flour and mixed spice and mix well.
- Wrap ring and any other ‘charms’ in greaseproof paper and stir into mixture.
- Transfer to a greased and base lined 20cm/8” round cake tin or 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 170°C/325°F/Gas 3 for approx. one hour or until risen and firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire tray. When cold, wrap in greaseproof paper and keep for two days before cutting.
- Melted honey or golden syrup may be brushed over brack before cutting.
National Bread Week Ireland http://www.nationalbreadweek.ie/