Rich Fruit Brack
Write a review
- 299g Strong Flour
- 45g Mixed Peel
- 373g Sultanas
- 170g Water
- 30g Caster Sugar
- 6g Dried Yeast
- 15g Egg Whole Daly
- 30g Margarine
- 3g Salt
- 194g Cherries
- Preheat the oven to 170 C/325 F/Gas 3. Lightly grease 1 big round tin around 900g - 1kg.
- Sieve the strong flour, caster sugar, dried yeast and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the margarine. Then add the pre-beaten egg and water until you form a soft dough.
- Take the dough out and knead it for 10 minutes on a floured surface. Gently add in your fruit through the dough. Place in the pre greased tin and cover with a damp cloth or cling film, leave in a warm area in your kitchen and allow to rise for one hour.
- Place into the oven and bake for 35-40minutes. If not baked to a golden brown colour on top leave in the oven for another 10 minutes while keeping an eye on it.
- Once baked, place on a cooling rack and enjoy.
- Olive oil can be used instead of margarine. This mixture can be divided into two smaller bracks. If the brack is colouring too quickly, lower your heat a bit.
National Bread Week Ireland http://www.nationalbreadweek.ie/