Root Vegetable Panzanella Salad
Perfect Autumn Lunch
Write a review
- 300g sweet potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1 parsnip, cut into small chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut into 3cm pieces
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 150g Irish brown soda bread, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 small sweet cos lettuce, shredded
- 3 tbsp honey and mustard dressing
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the root vegetables and pepper into a roasting tin and toss with 1 tbsp oil and season. Roast for 15 minutes then stir in the spring onions and tomatoes and roast for a further 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, toss the bread in the remaining oil and spread out onto a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes until golden. Toss into the vegetables along with the lettuce and dressing then serve.
- For a non-vegetarian option, add diced pancetta or chorizo to the vegetables with tomatoes.
National Bread Week Ireland http://www.nationalbreadweek.ie/