Soda Fruit Round
Write a review
- 403g Plain Flour
- 13g Mixed Peel
- 113g Sultanas
- 25g Baking Powder
- 252g Buttermilk
- 63g Margarine
- 63g Caster Sugar
- 3g Salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 C /395 F/ Gas Mark 6. Lightly grease flat baking tin.
- Sieve the plain flour, salt, caster sugar and baking powder.
- Rub in the Margarine. Then add buttermilk and mix until you form a soft dough.
- Blend the fruits in slowly at the end. Knead for 2 minutes on a floured surface and place onto the tin. Cut in the shape of an X with a sharp knife, 12ml/ half inch deep and rest for 10 minutes.
- Place into the oven for 35 – 45 minutes until becomes lightly brown on top.
- Once baked place on a cooling rack and enjoy.
- Olive oil can be used instead of margarine, it would be added with the buttermilk.
National Bread Week Ireland http://www.nationalbreadweek.ie/