Yogurt and Honey Loaf
Write a review
- 225g / 8oz Odlums or Heart's Delight Wheatmeal
- 125g / 4oz Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 150ml / 1/4 pint Natural Yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 75g / 3oz Margarine
- 1 level teaspoon Bread Soda
- 2 level teaspoons Cinnamon
- 50g / 2oz chopped Nuts (optional)
- Gently heat the honey and margarine in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, beat together the sugar, egg and yoghurt.
- Add the wheatmeal, cinnamon, sieved bread soda, 25g/1oz of the nuts (if used), melted honey and margarine to the liquid mixture.
- Beat well until all ingredients are blended.
- Transfer to a greased 900g/2lb loaf tin. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top, if used.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150°C/300°F/Gas 2 for about an hour or until springy to the touch.
- Cool in the tin.
National Bread Week Ireland http://www.nationalbreadweek.ie/